HR Distinction Awards 2022 | Entry guidelines
How to Enter?
Submitting your entries is simple and completely online. To ensure that your entries are submitted successfully and are given the attention they deserve, please download these two documents before you proceed:
Please download these documents before you proceed:
- Entry Guidelines – this will guide you through the submission process. It contains key judging criteria for each category which you will be judged upon.
- Entry Submission Templates – please create your entry submission documents with the exact templates provided without altering/ deleting the words in header, marks will be deducted otherwise. Refrain from using your own document style with your company branding.
- Judges have the authority to mark you down for failure to adhere to the overall word/page limit for the entry.
- You may enter in multiple relevant categories, but please ensure each entry submission form is tailored to the specific category to increase your chances of winning.
- All entries, supporting documents, and required items can be submitted via the “I’m Ready to Enter” link at the bottom of this page.
- Please ensure that all details you enter into the Entry Details are CONSISTENT with the details on the Core Submission Document you upload.
- Upon submission deadline, all entry details, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and CANNOT be changed and / or transferred to another party.
- Entrants are strongly encouraged to gather all entry materials like photos, videos and charts before starting the entry process.
- For uploading entries, we recommend using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Please include an event photo or image that represents your entry in your submission that can be used on all marketing material, awards presentation, and in the magazine etc.
Once you’re ready to go, all entries can be submitted via the below “I’m Ready to Enter” link.
Deadline of entry submission will be closed on 20 July 2022, 6:00pm.
Your entry submission document should NOT exceed the maximum required numbers of slides. Please provide evidences to support and address each of the criteria points outlined in the ‘judging criteria’ section in the Entry Guidelines.
* Please ensure each area is fully covered in order to achieve your highest possible score.
VISION AND GOAL – 20%
- Provide an overview of your entire HR programme.
- Define the vision and goals of the HR department and how they are aligned to the organisation’s business objective.
- Provide examples of the processes and systems in place designed to achieve the stated goals to fulfil the vision.
- What are some innovative and/or new ideas proposed? What is the expected ROI?
- How did you get buy-in from top management and line-of-business managers? Elaborate on how senior management was involved in the HR functions.
IMPLEMENTATION – 30%
- Provide details of the programme. What makes you programme different and unique? Elaborate on the creative and innovative aspects of your programme.
- How was your strategy communicated to all stakeholders? How did you maintain continued support from key stakeholders?
- What problems did you encounter during implementation and how did you solve them?
- What elements of the plan were easier or more difficult than you thought at first?
- What were the primary results and what were the unintended positive consequences of your innovative strategy?
- How did the programme make a different to employees, and the organisation’s commercial/business objective?
- How did your plan contribute to the organisation’s commercial/business goals?
- What was the feedback from stakeholders (employees, line management, top management) post implementation?
- Evidence of success: How has the idea/strategy strengthened the organisation? Please use metrics, anecdotes and case studies
FUTURE INITIATIVES – 20%
- What other HR objectives do you plan to pursue next?
- Has the successful implementation of your HR strategy affected the way your organisation approaches project implementation in other areas?
- What has the implementation of your HR strategy taught you about what else is achievable?
- What else can be done differently to further improve? How will you intend to build on your efforts in the future?
- All categories are open to HR teams in organisations based in *North Asia region. The organisations may be listed, privately held, government-owned or NGOs.
- All programmes/campaigns/systems/initiatives must have been implemented and carried out for the local offices in the Greater China region (Hong Kong, Macau, China and Taiwan), Japan, Korea, etc or for a regional and/or global office – the programme must have been spearheaded by the HR team in North Asia.
- All programmes/campaigns/systems/initiatives must have been executed or active between 1 April 2021 and 31 March 2022 with demonstrable results. Initiatives or strategies developed and implemented prior to this period are also eligible, provided the impact/results were measured during the eligibility period.
- There is no limit to the number of entries an organisation may submit. Organisations may submit multiple entries. However, when submitting multiple entries, you are strongly recommended to tailor them based on the requirements of each category.
*Eligible regions: Hong Kong, Macau, Greater China, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
Fees & Payment
HK$1, 480 per entry (per category)
- Credit cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Amex.
- Payments made by cheque and bank transfer are welcome. An invoice will be sent to you upon confirmation of your entry submission.
* All entry fees are non-refundable. Trophy is not included in the entry fees.
Terms & Conditions
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- Entries will not be considered for judging if payment is not received within five working days upon being invoiced, if invoice is required before payment.
- By submitting the entry, the entrants guarantee that all the works/information submitted are TRUE and ACCURATE. Human Resources Online reserves the right to verify any information submitted in the entry.
- Upon submission deadline, all details on the entry submission form, including company names, credits and so on, are FINAL and CANNOT be changed and/or transferred to another party. Details will be reflected on the website, trophy (presented on the awards night, should you win) and/or any other awards-related materials. Any changes made after submission will be charged 10% of the submission fee.
- Also, please ensure that all details are submitted in ENGLISH only.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- Without prior notice, Human Resources Online reserves the right to merge categories or dissolve any categories should it be deemed necessary. Should a category or categories be dissolved, entries in that category/categories will be notified.
- Finalists need to be present, or appoint a representative to be present, at the awards gala dinner in order to receive their trophy(ies) in case they win.
- Please refer to the full terms & conditions in the Entry Guidelines.
- Finalists may be featured in Human Resources Online, including but not limited to online channels, offline collaterals and on-site communications, using information from the entries.
- The entrant agrees that Human Resources Online or Lighthouse Independent Media will not accept responsibility for errors or omissions reproduced in the presentation of the HR Distinction Awards, in Human Resources Online, or for work lost or corrupted under any circumstances.
- Any specific information or content intended for judging purposes only and NOT for republishing must be clearly indicated in red font or highlighted in red. Such information and content will not be shared in any way and privy for judging panel who will also maintain strict confidentiality.
- Lighthouse Independent Media and Human Resources Online reserve the rights to use photos, videos or interviews of members of your team or company inclusive of your logo/s, free of any royalty or license.